The Riverhead Foundation for Marine Research & Preservation has year-round internship opportunities for college students.
Our unique internship program provides students with an opportunity to participate and receive training in a wide range of marine mammal and sea turtle experience. Participants work for school credit and volunteer their time within a specified area of interest. The internship provides hands-on and field experience for aspiring biology majors. Many of our interns have continued to volunteer following completion of their internship. Candidates have also demonstrated the benefits of their internship by successfully securing employment within the marine biology field or with their enrollment within advanced degree (MS or PhD) programs.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must be undergraduates registered at a 2 or 4-year college or university.
- Applicants must have an interest in biology, environmental education, or marketing.
Priority is given to students completing an internship for academic credit.
- Applicants must have a basic background (have taken the relevant courses) in the area in which they are applying.
- Internships may occur at any time of year, and require a minimum of 120 hours (10 hours per week).
- Applicants must be able to lift 60 pounds (27 kilograms).
- Applicants must have their own transportation and lodging.
- Applicants must be capable of handling the entire application process independently.
For more information, contact email@example.com
All requested forms and paperwork should be submitted in a single application package.
Mail all requested forms and paperwork to:
Riverhead Foundation for Marine Research & Preservation
467 East Main Street
Riverhead, NY 11901